At New Look, our mission is to help people look good and feel great. When it comes to people who work for us, we want individuals to express themselves in an environment where change and new ideas are celebrated. This is because we truly believe every person who works here contributes to our future and where we go.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Junior Merchandiser or Merchandiser to join our successful Footwear team on a fixed-term contract to cover a maternity leave.
As a Merchandiser, you will be heavily influencial in the development of the marketing group range plan and range build, managing the overall trading plan and developing a high performing team.
- Ensure all KPI’s for the deptartment are achieved through maximising Sales and Profit whilst minimising Stock, markdown, terminal levels in order to exceed planned profit.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts to identify stock requirements
- Manage the in-season Open-to-Buy down to season/category level using the WSSI.
- Manage promotional and clearance markdown activity within budgeted levels.
- Consistently manage the supply base, monitoring commitment and intake, controlling mix between direct/in-direct source
- Work alongside optimisation to ensure optimum stock levels in store.
- Produce a commercial and balanced range, which reflects the departmental strategy and agreed KPI’s.
- Identify market and key fashion trends to maintain a detailed understanding of the required product area.
- Regularly carry out store, competitor and supplier visits.
- With the dept. buyer, develop departmental strategy and provide analytics to support decision.
- Work with the buyer to construct a well-balanced range to target the appropriate customer profile.
- Review and monitor range plans regularly with Buyer to reflect changing sales/trends etc.
- Incorporate space planning and relevant grading proposals into the planning process to meet store requirements.
Experience and Skills
- Previous Merchandising experience at a fast-paced Fashion Retailer
- Footwear experience is desirable, though not essential
- Good analytical systems knowledge (Excel, Business Objects)
- WSSI planning experience
- Strong interpersonal skills & adaptability
- Commercial awareness
- Knowledge of supply chain management
Closing Date: 25/09/2015