My client based in South West London are seeking a highly skilled Footwear Designer to join their dynamic global company!
As a member of the Product Team the role of the Footwear Designer is a key position within this rapidly expanding business. You will develop and create illustrations and technical drawings (Adobe Illustrator based) to a high quality and technical level. You will contribute to and follow design direction and translate market input into innovative yet progressive designs.
This role would suit a creative designer with a minimum of 4 years of commercial experience in Footwear Design with a strong work ethic. A “can do” attitude is essential in this role!
* A minimum of 4 years of commercial experience as a Footwear Designer
* Ability to conceptualise the footwear line
* Experience in developing embellished shoes
* Good free hand sketching skills
* Thorough knowledge of lasts and footwear constructions
* Ability to understand and work within the parameters of the product and the brand guidelines
* Experience of working with Far East factories on casual /sports products
* Excellent and up to date market knowledge of trends, designers and brands
* Good understanding of international markets
* Experience of creating specification sheets to high standard and see it through to development process
* Experience and knowledge of materials, pattern making, and the fitting of footwear
* Experience of working to a commercial brief and delivering designs and product on costs and to deadline.
* Use knowledge of costing and shoemaking to develop cost efficient product
You must be willing to travel as required.
You must live within a commutable distance of South West London.
Salary: £40k-£60k depending on experience + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
ARDESIGNERDate Advertised18 Jun 2015