Location: East Midlands, England
Salary: £23,000 – £33,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Exsurgo are currently supporting a leading multinational clothing, footwear and home products retailer. There is an exciting permanent opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to work as part of the Menswear – Footwear OR Hard Accessories team. You will manage your own product category to source, develop, cost, manage and present.
As the Assistant Buyer on Menswear – Footwear OR Hard Accessories you’ll:
- Plan under the remit set by the Buyer a compelling range targeted at the customer.
- Manage the product and packaging Critical Path
- Working as part of a busy department with high option count
- Be effective in supplier negotiations to maximise promotional/range opportunities
- Sourcing and developing commercial product ranges
- Detail design lead development
- Understand and can explain market and consumer trends by monitoring competitor activity
- Assist in the delivery of visual display initiatives
Your experience and skills will ideally include:
- Experience of Menswear and Footwear OR Hard Accessories previously
- Coming from a Prior product development experience with range responsibility
- Already working as an Assistant in a retail/fashion environment.
- Must be able to spot a trend and relate that to the customer.
- Good awareness of what is going on in the market.
- Very product focused.
- Eye for Trend
- Have the ability to drive a product forward
- Ability to manage people i.e. a Trainee for the Nightwear role.
- Ability to present at Director level
- Good range building experience
If you feel you have the right skill set for this opportunity as Assistant Buyer for this leading multinational clothing, footwear and home products retailer based in the Midlands then please send your CV in consideration.